I got nothing! I toss my hands in the air. No topics, no rants. Just a cute baby goat and a scattered Monday morning brain. Can I just talk about whatever? Oh yeah, I totally can, because this is my blog.
So that’s what I’m doing.
- If you haven’t already heard, we got into the Wisconsin Film Festival!!!! Yeeehaw!!! We’re so excited to premiere June there, it’s the absolute perfect festival for this movie to begin at, and we’re just beyond thrilled. We don’t know exact dates yet other than somewhere between April 14 and 21 and we. will. be. there.
- That means we’re doing last minute retouches on the movie and we’ll be mixing in our new ADR at the end of the month. So, so very close. So close that it’s actually boring to talk about at this point. Hence, I got nothing for this blog.
- I’m supposed to be writing lately, but am totally not doing it on account of the fact that we’re finishing the movie, but really there’s no good excuse at all other than that I’m reading for “inspiration” in the mornings, which is really just full-on procrastination, but it’s all part of the process, riiiiight???
- p.s. I’m reading Tana French’s The Likeness, which, about 100 pages in, is pretty good. I’m not normally a crime novel reader, but I’m getting into that dark mood for the next script, so thar ya go.
- Oh my goodness, we’ve seen such devastating, but great, movies lately. The Revenant, Room, Spotlight, and most recently, 99 Homes. So much crying over movies. I need a good comedy so bad.
- Also finally watching Better Call Saul and ohmyword I could never make anything like that but I want to so badly.
- I colored my mom’s Valentine’s Day card yesterday and I realized that I am making zero art lately and I suspect that that might be the great missing puzzle piece in life and the primary cause of a lot of the self-inflicted misery in my life.
- Omg we had good guacamole yesterday
- Do you listen to The Flop House Podcast ? You should. Reasons: It’s all about bad movies. It’s extremely silly and dorky and these boys go way, way over my head with all their movie references.
- Okay, I’m not wasting one more second on this blog post, and I’m going to start working on this new script, because I have nothing to say here that’s interesting other than, man, I really need a haircut and a trip to the beach would be great and this should be turned into a movie immediately.