Hey there. Happy Friday! What you doin this weekend? Chris surprised me last night with….Jason Isbell tickets on Sunday!!!! Happyhappyhappyhappy. I love him, I love his writing. He majored in creative writing in college, did you know? It’s pretty dang clear in his songwriting. (Read and write and read and write! It’s so painful how many artists don’t seem to read anymore…okay, enough of that). He also manages to make me cry with an awful lot of his songs. Which is a sure sign of success in my opinion. Anyway, I can’t wait. Otherwise, I’ll be camped out at my laptop mostly and working on a painting.
Stuff I’m into right now:
- It must be a miracle but the last three movies I’ve seen at the theatre were excellent – EXCELLENT. What’s going on?? Good Time, Ingrid Goes West, and Brad’s Status, the last of which we saw last night (and got to hear a Q&A with writer/director Mike White – I really really like what this guy’s up to, lots of heart and subtle layers). Man, I loved these movies. I loved them! Go see them in the theatre! Pay for them and more will come!! (we pray) All of the actors are just fantastic, the writing is subtle and unexpected, the direction is so smart and honest. I’m just riding a little movie high lately. And I’m hoping to see Mother! real soon. Supposed to be insane. Fantastic.
- I constantly dream of being a better person. Perhaps curing myself of tree blindness could be a start?
- I got really into Kurt Vile a few years back and Chris got really into Courtney Barnett (kind of the opposite of what you might expect, eh?), and I just heard this song by the two of ’em. And I lurve it.
- I cannot stop reading this book. I love it love it love it. I don’t want to do anything else other than read it. And it’s gonna be a J. J. Abrams show with Meryl Streep…
- OMG I just found this right now and I have to watch it the second I have a chance because he’s my favorite.
- Finally, are you on our email list?? Cause I’m gonna make a festival announcement in an email tomorrow (Saturday) and if you’re not on it, yer gonna miss out. Just sayin. Sign up here. I email usually once a month, sometimes not even that. And it’s always perfectly delightful with nice fun links and recipes and photos. You’ll be so happy you signed up.
- Also, do you follow June Falling Down on Instagram and Twitter? Cause you should do that too. I’m gonna get much, much more active this fall as we wind up to our online release (TBAAAAA).
- Also I’m using Stories for my @beccarooweaver Instagram and I’m enjoying it quite a lot. Come hang out with me! Sometimes I share progress in writing and acting. Sometimes I share the best egg I’ve ever made:
Happy weekend to you!!